Twelve Days Later

It's been twelve days since the movers came. It's been four days since the gathering of women for Santa Fe Indian Market left and I got back from my brief reprieve to some serious unpacking.

The boxes are all opened now and most of the cardboard has been taken to the recycling center north of town in multiple, multiple trips. Whew. We still have bags of bubblewrap to dispose of.

Boxes, boxes, boxes

The furniture is arranged and I am loving it in our new house. The kitchen cabinets are filled and organized. My desk is set up. Books are on the bookshelves. The linen closet is somewhat together but needs more organizing. Jim washed most of the windows.

We are home.

I want to post pictures of what it looks like, but we are waiting on new window blinds for all the main windows, which will be about two more weeks. Meanwhile, the ugly old ones are there, or the windows are bare, or a sheet is taped up with blue painter's tape over a window. Ugh. So I will wait for the big "reveal" until we have new window treatments.

One new purchase: A Zapotec rug runner for the dining room table. It's thick enough to set hot dishes on. It's not long enough to drape over the ends of the table, but I like the effect of the short runner. (Longer wasn't really affordable; Zapotec weavings are expensive, hand crafted, well made textiles.)

Totally staged photo. We don't know enough people in Santa Fe to host dinner for four.

The colors are rich and the weave is thick and hefty.

I can't wait to show how the whole house looks furnished now. I love it. All our furniture and rugs and wall pictures and oddments seem to fit, and having our stuff makes this new space comfortable and homey, even as the look and vibe are so very different.

It's only been twelve days. More to come.


SaveSave

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi! Happy to hear you finally got your furniture!
Laurrie said…
Thanks -- we are settled in now and loving it here. So good to hear from you!!
DeeJayeL said…
I've been away in Tacoma (very pretty & fun) and then New Hampshire (always lovely & relaxing) so now I'm catching up. The table runner is quite pretty and looks very nice. So happy you two are settling in.
Laurrie said…
Tacoma! That's exciting -- a place I'd love to visit (in fact the whole northwest, I've never been). Glad you've been doing some summer travel.