On the Road to School

Apparently school started today.

There is a lot of traffic on our road this morning. Mostly cars, not too many buses, and a few walkers / skateboarders. Our house is close to the road, so it's right there.


A charter (magnet?) high school is at the end of Walking Rain Road, just up the hill from us. So weekday mornings there will be lots of traffic. Afternoons too, I guess.

With the sliding door to the front of the house open for the morning air, it's quite noticeable, but with it closed, it's background noise. And other than this morning's activity, our street is very quiet. It pretty much stopped by 8:30.

At our house in Connecticut I used to listen to the morning traffic going by on the busy road in back of us, and think "I'm retired". I never tired of the luxury that I was drinking coffee on my deck while everyone was going to work.

Now I get to do that sitting in my dining room, watching school traffic go by.

Comments