Bedrooms

This is another in the series "rooms in my house". This is the master bedroom, and it's not orange. I know, I know. can you believe it?


It's really hard to photograph. The walls are a soft sage green, which is very soothing, but it photographs poorly, looking like pea soup. It really isn't that color.

From the front door you turn right and go down this hall. The doors on the right are the other bedrooms, and the double folding doors on the left are where the washer and dryer live. I love having them right outside the bedrooms.


That big sliding door has to be replaced, and we're not on the contractor's schedule until mid October. It barely closes, the seals in the panes are all shot, and it needs to be redone.  Until the door is replaced, I can't put up any window covering.


So the door is uncovered all day, letting lots of sun in, and all night, letting moonlight and dawn rosiness into the room. Although we are surrounded by other houses, the vine covered fence and strategic corners mean no one sees in. I like the openness. Still, it's odd to sleep in a room so exposed to the outside.

The two doors on either side of the bed open to a walk-in closet (on the left) and to the master bathroom (on the right.) Like all my other rooms, everything here came from our house in Connecticut - lamps (which are too short and are elevated on a couple books), the rug from our old den, bird bed and mirror and tables, etc.


We did get a new mattress. I miss my old squishy Tempur pedic, but this one works.

From the sliding patio door, looking back into the room, you see the door to the hallway. My cowboy hat hangs there. I live in the west, after all. A cowboy hat is required.


There are two other bedrooms. The yellow one needs some work, so photographs will wait. The bedroom we plan to use for overnight guests is quite small, but it's coming together. We managed to fit a queen sized bed in it, and we got new lamps and nightstands that fit the small space, and . . .

        . . .  yes. Yes it is.

        It's orange.


You'll come and stay here anyway, right?

Comments

Pam Flint said…
Why yes, yes I will!
DeeJayeL said…
Everything looks so comfy and welcoming. Great job.
Laurrie said…
Thanks! It really is comfy for us.