Let's Look at Pictures

Let's just look at some pictures of blue doors in Santa Fe in winter. It's January, why not?


Snow, blue doors, and brown adobe walls with soft edges that always look like they're melting. Let's see some.


These photos are by J. Rockwood Photography, a local photographer. But I can't find out much about him. He (she?) has no website, no studio, doesn't advertise. His only presence is on Instagram, where I follow him. His comments and descriptions there are cryptic. The profile says nothing personal.


A web search turns up absolutely nothing about him or her. On Instagram he frequently posts everyday sights he sees around Santa Fe, often doors and gates, and sometimes local landmarks like the Loretto chapel. But mostly ordinary Santa Fe neighborhood sights.


On occasion the photos are from other states, which he identifies, but mostly the shots are from here, and mostly in winter. No address is identified, but I do recognize some of these gates from my own wanderings around the historic district.


There is something very soothing about a simple blue door in an adobe wall, capped with snow. I look forward to the J.Rockwood Instagram updates in my feed, and he posts often.


I wish I knew more about him or her, but the mystery of the photographer is in keeping with the serenity of these simple repeating scenes.


The visual formula repeats, but the variety of ways to put a blue door in an adobe wall is endless. I hope you enjoyed seeing some.


Comments

Peggy said…


LOVE the infinite combos using three colors.
Thanks for adding J. Rockwood to my IG feed.

How strange would a chili wreath look in CT?
Laurrie said…
A chile wreath would look classy on a New England door. Not the long hanging ristras we have on all our front portals, but a simple round red wreath of chiles would be nice in CT. Try it!