Electrified

For Christmas Hope got us a bed foot warmer: it's basically an electric pad that you put under your sheet at the foot of the bed for toasty toes. But neither one of us needs a warmer and we wouldn't use it. Nice thought, though.

But . . it turns out to be the perfect size for the den couch, spread over the seat cushions. This is where I stretch out in the evenings to watch TV. Jim's in his big leather chair nearby, I'm on the couch, and our endlessly exciting evenings unfold from there.


I can't describe how blissful this is. I'm sitting on a heating pad all evening. I don't move. I don't get up. I play with the little white remote and the controller to raise the toastiness or dial it down when steam starts rising.


I am electrified and I am not moving. It is the best thing ever.

It's a real comfort as 2023 hasn't started well for me. I had a horrid stomach bug twice (up all one night, ugh . . I'll forgo details) then I had it again, a few days later. And I have a miserable chest cold. A terrible cough and congestion that started January 1 and won't let go. It's not covid, I tested negative.

But for the first days of 2023 I've been sick and miserable, with my backside plopped on the den sofa as I cough and doze in a hot electric haze.

It turned out to be a perfect gift.

Comments