Road Trip Day Three

We are now west of the Mississippi.

We quit for the afternoon in Columbia, MO, well past St. Louis, where we crossed not only the mighty mighty Mississippi, but also the muddy muddy Missouri. It felt significant.

Roads continue to be dry, skies remain sunny, and the air is cool and refreshing. I expected a hot summer's slog through the midwest, but it's been unusually delightful.

It's been so green everywhere, and the highway medians are full of endless drifts of wildflowers - white Queen Anne's lace and tawny grasses gone to seed, and blue cornflowers -- just miles and miles of pretty flowers line the highways. The corn and soy fields are green and the treelines are full and leafy.

Jim drives. I navigate. Although since our route is I 70 all the way straight west all day today and all day tomorrow, and after that all the way into Denver, there's not much for me to do.

So I watch the wildflowers go by.

Comments

DeeJayeL said…
Sounds like you have the better end of the deal. Smart.
Laurrie said…
I have the better deal all the way -- Jim is doing all the driving!