Wellness

Not my picture, not my flowers, but definitely my mood today. I'm feeling well.

from Citylifeinthecountry

I had my first telemedicine visit this week. It was a wellness visit. The doctor texts a link, you open it, "join" the call, and there you both are looking at each other on screen. We renewed some routine medications, ordered some basic tests, that was it. No weigh in, no blood pressure cuff, no tongue depressor. No peeking in the ears. No cold stethoscope on the chest. Done. It took 10 minutes and I didn't have to drive anywhere or undress. In fact I didn't have to dress. Or put on a mask. 

I did have to get dressed and drive to another appointment this week, though. Another dental root canal. Misery for days before, like the experience I had last fall. A different endodontist, this time in Albuquerque. This was of course an in-person visit, but it was strange -- I never saw the doctor. She was in full PPE, with mask and face shield and head covered, no inch of hair or skin showing, and I have no idea what she looked like. 

She was gentle and efficient and I am healing, but the image of an anonymous space-suited masked medical provider hovering over me still unsettles.

Anyway, I'm good now and flowers in bright colors are my reward for being and feeling well. May they brighten your day and make you feel good too.

Comments