Joy Noelle


Bob and Noelle are among the old friends we left when we moved from New England to Santa Fe three years ago. They go back a long way -- before I met Jim they were friends all working together at Pratt & Whitney Jet Engines in the 1990s. I was the interloper, accepted into the friend group 23 years ago when Jim and I first met.

Noelle is an architect who has worked on the facilities for a jet engine manufacturer and later the buildings for Smith College and the state of Massachusetts. Then she retired. And what does a commercial building architect do in retirement?


She makes baby robes. She has always had an eye for decor and design and for colors and patterns. But who knew her calling was to make the softest, squishiest, cutest baby robes and create a business doing nothing but that?



She makes nothing but the one design in multiple sizes and in every color combo you could imagine. Reversible, pattern on the inside, solid on the outside, hooded, soft, and so cute.


My family and friends know I am about to become a grandmother for the first time when my baby granddaughter is born in January 2021. (Finally. Whew.) But for the rest of my hundreds of followers, it's news.

Of course Noelle made a robe for the new baby. And it is so soft and cuddly, I can't stand it. Ladybugs.


Noelle calls her robe business Joy Robes, because, well, that is her name. Joy Noelle. Born at Christmas. Retired now, making plush robes for little ones. Check it out.

Comments