Little Evergreens


I didn't do much to decorate the house for Christmas. We did put up our tree, of course, and I hung wreaths on the outside of the house and on the gate. But that was about it.

Over the fireplace mantel I just stood a few miniature trees next to the watercolor paintings of Wyoming's Big Horn mountains, and called it Christmas.


Now that it's time to take everything down, I kind of want to leave the little trees there.


They create a scene, like peering through the pine forest in the foreground to the distant snowy mountains.


I'll take the Christmas tree down, but can I leave the tiny trees on the mantel all winter without violating decor rules? It's not like I'm burning pine scented candles any more or playing Little Drummer Boy all day now. I'm over the holidays.

But I like my tiny snow dusted pines. I'm going to leave them there. Maybe next year I'll add miniature people. And a train set . . .

May your new year be filled with things you like 
🔔   2020   🔔


Comments