Man on a Ladder

It took some tools and some silicone adhesive and a man on a ladder to attach the brass sleeve to the canale to hang my new rain chain.


I love the look of it. It finishes off that corner of the house and starts to make it look like a garden and not just "the side of the house along the driveway".


I can't wait to see this whole area with the new garden planted up, some flowering containers on the tiered plant stand, and the cottonwood and aspen trees all green and leafy.


I can't wait to hear gentle rain burbling down the chain. I used the plastic brown urn I got at Home Depot years ago in Connecticut and debated moving -- it was cheap and many years old, and it didn't seem worth paying to move a bulky plastic item. But I filled it with wrapped kitchen utensils and put it on the moving truck.

It's perfect now for this use. I put big rocks in it so it won't tip over in the March winds, and it has a drainage hole so water, slowed by the chain and by the rocks inside, will drain out gradually.


Whether the chain and the rock filled urn actually do that is all theoretical until it actually rains in Santa Fe. 

Some day.

Comments

jis4de@gmail.com said…
Oh, I like this. You must let us know how it is once ... if ... it begins to rain.