C'mon In

It took several weeks to gather all of the results of my blog poll question "should we stain our new gate, paint it, or leave it natural?"

Here are the computer tabulated results:
One person said leave it natural, one said leave it natural or maybe stain it after all, and one didn't know. No one voted to paint it.

And here's what we did:
We stained it.

It came out orangier than anticipated, because the underlying cedar wood had a reddish cast to it. It's Santa Fe orange, it goes with the turquoise garage side door and it matches the glass kitchen door. I like it.


C'mon in. Close the latch when you enter.


Comments

libraryeducator said…
Good job - I love it!! You are right - it matches visually the door up ahead perfectly. Was the sandstone walk already there? I love that too - I think more of that might help offset lots of gravel - although I am a gravel courtyard lover. You need a large oil jar like they use in Provence. Good choice and love the gate.
libraryeducator said…
I also love the rough texture of the cedars or whatever the common junipers are in Nm - the texture and color really complement all the browns and beiges.
Laurrie said…
I'm not crazy about junipers, but they "fit" here and look right, for the reasons you say. I just planted a narrow upright blue juniper by the back fence.
Laurrie said…
The stone patio was already there and it goes all the way around in back. I love it!