Let the Bidding Begin

We are listed.

MLS# G10218159

The photos are not great, but they're okay and look like most other photographed homes online.

The description has minor typos in it, but not serious, and it just makes the wording look normal -- all realtor listings are slapdash.

The realtor asked me twice to supply my own garden photos showing different seasons (they lost the first set and asked me to re-send all). They told me they would use most, if not all of them. Oh well. It was a nice offer.

There is no lockbox on the door. The realtor said it would be installed Saturday* but I am learning realtor's schedules as well as verbal assurances are mostly aspirational. They're not actual commitments.

I'm being a little picky.

I need to chill, let this happen as it will.

Homes do get sold, and ours may take a long time. Showings aren't going to materialize right away, and the lockbox will appear at some point.

And no one cares about garden photos, as long as the word "granite" appears somewhere in the property description.

But. . .  as of today, officially, we can let the bidding commence.

 MLS listing as it appears on Realtor.com

_____________________________________________________
*I take it back. They put the lockbox on this afternoon, Monday.

Comments

Sue said…
Aw Laurrie, I just stumbled upon this when I went to check out your journal. Moving is such a big step-especially the type of move you're making. It sounds like you're only marginally happy with your realtor. I imagine you signed a contract, but if your house doesn't sell and you get to a point where you want to make a change, let me know. My realtor was fabulous. She's based in Wethersfield but lists all over greater Hartford. I recommended her to two other people and they listed and sold with her as well. Good luck with the process!

Oh, I had granite in my old kitchen so imagine my surprise when I learned from reading home décor blogs that granite is "out". Apparently everybody wants marble or quartz now. Who knew? :)
Laurrie said…
Thanks, Sue! I may take you up on the realtor, although it's early yet and we do have a contract so we'll be in this mode for a while. We had a handful of showings right after it listed, but nothing this week, and none scheduled. I can be so very patient watching sapling trees and young plants take years to mature, but I am not at all patient with this house selling process!