When Summer is Over

Grammy says I can tell you about what is going to happen when summer is over.  I like summer, because, well... I'm a California girl and I am a beach girl.
 

But when summer ends, and October comes, I am going to become a big sister. That's what they tell me. A new baby is going to come live with us and it is going to be a boy baby. 

I have to get ready for that. I have to prepare.


I have books that my parents read to me about babies (I even used to be one). And I have coloring books to color in that show a big sister and a little brother and how they are supposed to be.

I have trucks that I can show him how to drive and magnetic blocks to instruct him how to build, and a trampoline to bounce him on when he needs bouncing. I have Lalka too, my doll, and he can hold her if he's careful.

I'm not sure about all of this. They tell me it will be fine, it will be great. I have some doubts. 

But one thing I do not doubt: even though a new baby boy is coming and things are going to change, I will still and always be my daddy's girl. 


That won't change.

Comments

Pam said…
You make me cry….but happy tears!