Five Years

Grammy, you moved to Santa Fe five years ago. Five years ago this week. They told me. I wasn't even born then. Did you know I was going to be? 


I'm glad you moved there. If you still lived way over in that other place in New England you couldn't come see me so much. Now you can, but you still need to come more. I'm growing faster than a weed and you know how fast weeds grow in your gardens.

Five years now, that's a long time, especially to someone like me who isn't even two yet. Should we celebrate? I'll make you an ice cream cone and wear my special party crown, okay? I wish we had balloons.


You will always be my New Mexican grandmother, mi abuela from Santa Fe, my grammy from an enchanted land. I'll always know you that way, even though to you it was a big change to move there late in your life.

Five years, wow. I can't wait to be five.

Comments

Gail said…
What a little sweetie! So glad you are close enough to visit often. The years fly by so fast.
Laurrie said…
I know . . . so, so fast!