Chicken Soup

I just couldn't shake this recent bout with the latest covid variant. I wasn't all that sick, just a cough and congestion, but every time I tested over a full 14 days, it came up positive. 

Joan, who could hear my annoying cough from the other side of our shared back yard fence, brought over some chicken soup Thursday night. Trader Joe's breadsticks, tomatoes from Frank's garden, and a lemon dessert too.

You know what they say about chicken soup --- it can cure anything.

And it did.


Yesterday, finally, my test was negative. I still have a residual cough to clear things out, but . . . 

After two full weeks battling covid, the chicken noodle soup and my neighbor's sweet thoughtfulness have cured me. I had to cancel hosting bookgroup at my house and I curtailed all activities while I isolated, but I am now healthy and able to do normal things again.

Do not underestimate the power of chicken soup and neighbors.

Comments