Is This Too Much?

What do you think? Is this too much?
 

Too much what?

The table top is too bright. I like turquoise as much as any New Mexico bird, but . . . 

Well, the wood slats on the top of this table got discolored and wouldn't take a stain and it looked terrible. So the people who live here sanded it down and painted it.

They left the legs, though. The legs took stain okay. The guy here painted just the top. 


Yeah, interesting.

I don't think the lady who lives here likes it. She was really scowling when she put us here on top and she made comments.

What kind of comments? I didn't hear, you were chirping too loud.

She said it's too much color. The accent pillows, the seat cushions on the glider, the pot, the birdbath (how do we get to the birdbath, we can't fly, this is a problem) it's all turquoise. The garage door around the corner too.


See? Look at it from this angle. Can you hop over here and turn around? 

Okay. I see. Wow. That's a lot of one intense color all over the place. Yeah, no.

What should we do about it?

I'm going to suggest having the guy repaint the top another color. A neutral. Gunmetal gray, leaving the legs brown. Might be classy. 


Birdbrain!! Classy? They don't need classy, they've got us here on the table top.

Well I think she's going to do it. Repaint the table top. Charcoal gray. So squawk to you.


Wouldn't it be easier to change the cushions?  Leave the table top as the turquoise accent, echoing the pot and the birdbath, but switch the cushions to a neutral color. Tan.

That would be more practical, but these are people we're dealing with not savvy avians. So it's unlikely. I think the table gets the re-do.

Yeah. Maybe. Do you think she'll bring us in for winter?

       Overheard later that weekend . . .

She did! She brought us inside and we have a nest on the fireplace hearth. She painted the table gunmetal, and she thinks it looks like a metal top now on a wood base.


Or something.

It needs some outdoor decor on it. But, whoa, not us . . . no more birds on display. We like it indoors now.

Well, this is, um, better?


Shhh... don't critique her efforts. We don't want to be out on the table in bad weather any more. Just tweet when she goes by: love the pumpkins, love the gunmetal gray top. Okay?


Chirp. 

Comments

Pam said…
It might have been a bit much, but I loved the turquoise. The grey is nice too…but love that turquoise! The birds I love too!
Laurrie said…
I liked the turquoise tabletop too . . . but if I kept it the seat cushions and the pillows and maybe the pot had to get swapped out for something else and I couldn't cope with all that. The birds were a gift from Hope, she always gets me such cute gift item things!
Gail said…
I liked the turquoise as well. The local landscape is so neutral, I love the burst of color
Laurrie said…
Yes, we do need bright pops of color in this brown and taupe environment. But too much turquoise was still too much in one small spot. Had to break it up!