There's a Pig in my Garden

 I went outside this morning and found this:


A black and white Hampshire pig rooting among my emerging plants. I am dealing with rabbits, the birds have their way here, and gophers are in the neighborhood, although not here yet.

But a pig? In my garden? Eating my violas?

He didn't move. He sounded a little tinny when I thumped him on the backside. He is, in fact, a tin pig from the Mexican import store. 


He's been on the patio these past few years, but got moved to the garden when I put a container in the spot he lived in. So he got relocated. And now he is feasting on whatever comes up within his snout's reach.
 
I'm not too worried, though. First, he's made of tin. Second, he keeps the other wildlife away. I have no deer, no chipmunks, no root-hungry voles in my Santa Fe courtyard. I have a protected garden. 

And now I have a Hampshire pig from a Mexican store stationed where he can monitor things and I think my garden is safe. For now.

Comments