To 2021

Well, it's the start of a new year with so much promise to be better than last year. So much I'll be able to write about and observe. So many things to comment on.
But I find I have little to say that I haven't already gone on about. This blog is running out of steam.

Yes, I can write about the cottonwood (it has slime flux) or I could detail the plans for my garden by the kitchen door (I don't know what to do with it), or I could show pictures of flowers in my garden I took last summer (they're very nice.) I'm still fascinated by creating outdoor spaces here, I still love gardening and plants, but how much more can I say about it?

The whole "I moved to New Mexico three years ago" is old at this point. 

There will be a new granddaughter in 2021 and I'm so excited about that. There will be vaccines and a return to prior routines and at some point we'll get out and do some more discovery trips and see new sights. There will be new plants and failed experiments and that always occupies me. It's just that there isn't much new to say about it.

So, 2021, show me what you have. Astonish me. Show me what new things I can write about in my life in the high plateau of the southern Rockies. Point me to new things that can thrill in a dry struggling garden in alkaline soil at altitude. Show me places to go and sights to observe in Santa Fe after a year of isolation and restrictions. Give me ideas to write about. 

I'm a little tapped out right now.

Comments