Two Years

We've been here two years now. We closed on this house on August 4, 2017. Can that be right? It feels like the moving van just pulled away a week ago, leaving us in a new and strange place.


But it's no longer new and strange. It's just where we live now. We have routines, we know where things are, we have a small social circle. I made some gardens with new, unfamiliar plants and killed some of them, as per my usual method.

It's no longer exotic or different.

We continue to explore, taking road trips in the west. There are places yet unseen. And I still haven't sampled every restaurant in Santa Fe; that's going to take more years.

Two years of living here, blogging about it.


Are you tired of reading about it? Is this blog still of any interest? Mostly I like writing about what's happening, but after a couple years it's no longer news, just daily stuff, and sometimes I struggle to come up with anything to say. It's just the doings of an aging retired woman transplanted in New Mexico for two years now doing uneventful things.

Comments

Gail said…
I may be biased, but I very much enjoy reading your blog. Your life in Santa Fe is so different from my life in Connecticut. Your blogs are very descriptive and I can envision your experiences clearly. Please don’t stop!
Laurrie said…
Okay! Four of the five people who read this blog have weighed in and want me to continue, so at the risk of boring all of us, I'll carry on. . .thanks for the encouragement : )