If You Don't Want Pigeons


If you don't want pigeons pooping all over your patio, this is what you do.


You put up spikes along the roofline. I think they are hideous and make it look like we live in a prison compound.


One of the things I love about New Mexican pueblo style architecture is the clean line of the boxy homes. especially the rooflines. Flat roof, angled in slightly at the corners -- it gives these stucco brown boxes a specific character.


I guess you don't notice the pigeon spikes, really, unless you are looking up. And the photo against the sky doesn't even really show them.

But I see them. They look terrible. They glint in the sun. They look ominous, which is the whole point from a pigeon's perspective I guess.

Susan next door put a big ceramic owl on her chimney stack to frighten them. I looked out the window this morning and two pigeons were roosting cozily on the chimney edge to the left of the owl, and one was nestled to its right.


The owl clearly doesn't work but it startles me every time I peek out our guest room window. And the prison wire spikes on our roof disturb me when I look up. So I don't check the sky and what I don't see is what I don't see.

I just want the pigeons to go somewhere else.


Comments