When It's Perfect

I've complained about cold rainy gray weather for months now. And I'll complain if and when it gets too hot.

But finally (finally!!) we've had some early June days that are in The Perfect Zone. Dry and sunny. Not hot. 80 degrees with a breeze or 72 degrees and still. The deck is in dappled shade in the afternoon. The gardens are coming along, I see progress. We sit outside for coffee, before lunch, for wine. It's beautiful.

Nothing is burned out yet, all is well watered. The late winter fertilization of the pines and aspen tree seem to have taken hold finally and they have greened up nicely. What a difference.

The house is fresh and aired. Nights are cold to cool and good for sleeping with the sliding door open and the quilt tucked up around your chin.

In this weather I feel good. I can ignore that our garbage disposal went kaput and still isn't fixed and won't be for a while. Our brand new engineered sink top in the half bath has a long hairline crack in it. Really. Brand new. The vigas over the back slider still leak when it rains. The new windows won't be paid off for many months and we desperately need new kitchen appliances. The ice maker doesn't work nor the water dispenser and the oven is, well . . .   Issues.

But on these lovely dry days, with low humidity and damp enough soil from recent rain, and a caressing breeze, it's all so perfectly fine. I love this house, issues and all. I love my gardens, even though they are not yet mature and have many gaps. I love the street I live on and town we landed in and the new friends we've made and the incredible scenery around us.

Nice weather makes all the difference when it's just right.

(Ha! - I posted this after a beautiful Sunday, and now, Monday morning, it's very cold -- 50 degrees -- and very windy and very cloudy. Sheeesh.)


Comments