Good Stewards

This was really sweet -- the people who now live in our Connecticut home sent me pictures of some of the gardens this spring. It's going on two years since we moved, and I do think about my old gardens sometimes and wonder how they look.

The new owner (who I have never met) e-mailed me a half dozen pictures and said they were trying to be good stewards of the beautiful spaces I had created. Awww.


The photos are lovely. -- the pink dogwood is in bloom, and the clematis vines are in full flower now. The Knockout rose by the front steps is pretty. It's sporting some reverted cherry-red blooms on the side and my first instinct is to tell her to cut those off --- but. Not my plants any more.


I would have loved some long shots to see how the whole place looks. And my trees -- how are my trees faring?

But it was so nice of her to send the shots she did, and to hear how she and her husband are caring for the gardens I created.


Comments