Purple in Winter

It's snowing lightly again this morning and skies are grim and leaden here in Santa Fe. This may never end.

Instead of looking out the window, I am looking over the pictures I took in the prior season as I endlessly shop my plans and plant selections for next season.

Today I am having a very purple moment.

This mature butterfly bush was here when we moved in.  

I don't know what variety of butterfly bush it is,
but it has lilac purple cones with orange eyes.

This upright lavender shrub was also here when we moved in. It takes no care whatsoever.

I planted a small fragrant aster 'Raydon's Favorite', This picture is from my
Connecticut garden and someday the one I planted here will look like this.

This is also from my Connecticut garden. The 'Jackmanii'
clematis on the coyote fence here will look like this if the

intense New Mexico sun doesn't wash it out.

I have other purple plants in my Santa Fe courtyard, but these are the ones I chose for you today.

Comments