Data Transfusion

My laptop is off to the computer hospital for a procedure, and I will be without one for a few days.

I bought a new laptop -- the old one was 6 years old, would not close anymore, and had lots of other age related issues. Screws had fallen out of the back and it was slowly coming apart. The inside of the screen was detaching in blurry strips from the glass. So I got a new one, smaller and at a good discount at Best Buy's Memorial Day sale.


But I cannot get my files transferred from the old one to the new one. My data won't move. A very nice man from Geek Squad came in a funny car to the house and worked on it for an hour and a half, but he couldn't make it go either. He did not charge me for his visit, and set up an appointment for both computers to go to the hospital at Best Buy's store for a high tech data transfusion.



But that will take days. Days without a laptop. I have a phone and a TV and a beautiful garden and patio unconnected to anything electronic, so I will not suffer. But I will be kind of offline for a little bit.

I plan to sit in my garden and watch the hummingbirds until next week.

Comments