It Rained

It rained!! At least I think it did. After an entire winter and spring waiting each day for precipitation that never comes, the weather report showed thunderstorms and drenching rain moving through Santa Fe yesterday and today and I WASN'T THERE TO SEE IT.

It's so unfair. After all this time I wanted to see rain so badly. But the reason I missed it is that Jim and I are on a short vacation to Mesa Verde National Park in southern Colorado and we are having a spectacular time here. We're seeing the ancient ruins of the Anasazi people who lived here, and who finally, 700 years ago, moved away looking for somewhere to live with more water.

I want to say I can relate, but I can't. Even though I have waited and waited for rain, and feel deprived that I missed seeing it this week, my entire life and clan and future and food security don't depend on fickle rainfall. It's not the same at all.

But it is and always has been all about the rain. I do wish I'd been at home in Santa Fe to see it.

Comments

Gail said…
You want to see rain? Come back to Connecticut. We have rain. Lots of rain. Often. Sometimes it is accompanied by damaging wind. We are not lacking rain.
Laurrie said…
I wish we could ship the wet stuff around the country. We'll happily take some of your excess. Turns out while we were away we got a quarter inch total.