Global Harmony

Christmas decorations are up in the house. I still haven't figured out what to put up outside.
 
This year my fireplace mantel is an eclectic mix of worldviews: Buddhist prayer flags, a Pueblo zia, traditional snowy Christmas evergreens, and a wandering polar bear for the conservationists. Random things. 


Jim was confused and said what is the meaning of this? Well, it was stuff I had. There was no message. But okay . . . global harmony among many faiths is the theme.


The Christmas tree is traditional, though. This year I put it in a corner by the dining room window. My sister's hand quilted tree skirt anchors it and a red cardinal on the topmost branch defends it from intruders.


I didn't put it next to the fireplace in the living room where it belongs, because we are expecting a furniture delivery in December. Do you remember when I posted last summer about all new living room furniture -- sofa, chairs, coffee table, end tables and lamps? 

The coffee table and end tables and new lampshades are here, but the big pieces have been long delayed and are just now shipping, ready for delivery some time around the holidays.

This has taken forever. I'm not even sure what I ordered now, it's been so long. But finally they will arrive. What are the odds the furniture truck is going to pull up in December in the middle of a snowstorm?


Comments