There Are More Rabbits


After the successful capture and relocation of the predatory rabbit on Thanksgiving night, I was alarmed to see another rabbit sitting under our pine tree right outside the front sliding glass doors today. 


Of course there are more, the trapped one was not the only rabbit on Walking Rain Road. So the larger Havahart trap I just ordered has come out, and has been baited with carrots. I need to move this rabbit to another site before it establishes a preference for my garden plants.


It's bitterly cold, we've had recent snow, and the rabbits are foraging. There isn't much for them to eat, certainly not in my dormant gardens. But I need to discourage rabbits from getting used to my yard even now in snowy, cold weather here in December.

It's back on, rabbits.

Comments